Friday, December 24, 2010

This is for you.

"... for your sakes he became poor." - 2nd Corinthians 8:9


When Jesus stepped down out of heaven, He did this for us. Sounds good right? That God wrapped Himself in human flesh and became one of us. 


Heres the thing. Its too easy to get caught up in this "us" language. Its very easy for me to say that God did this for us, but when I say that God did this for me... it gives me pause. It catches my breath. God did this for Chris? "For Chris' sake, Jesus became poor"? For God so loved Chris? 


I don't feel worthy. 


I still don't feel worthy.


And yet this is God's Word to me. This is the meaning of Christmas to me. That God did this for Chris. Jesus is my Emmanuel. He is my Savior. He is my Lord. 


If you happen to be reading this, you need to know that Jesus willingly became poor for you as well. 


Christmas is for us. But please also know that Christmas is for you. 

2 comments: